Re: Build errors again

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Ravi Pratap M wrote:

> Hi Jens,
>
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Jens Finke wrote:
>
> > I've got this error at an other module too, but there it doesn't abort.
> > Oh and I am using the autoconf, automake and libtool versions downloaded
> > by the bootstrap.sh script.
>
> 	I think the vicious scripts get the HEAD versions of automake and
> autoconf and Sander reported that one of them doesn't work (I think it's
> automake) from HEAD.

automake and autoconf HEAD might work one day and not the other, I have
also had problems with newer versions of released autoconf. The versions
below are the ones I used and that worked. Others *may* work - I just
haven't tested them and thus can't say they will.

> 	You will need :
>
> 	autoconf-2.13
> 	automake-1.4-p1
> 	gettext-0.10.35
> 	libtool-1.4
> 	pkgconfig-0.7.0
>
> 	all installed in the same prefix once again (as you suggested :-)
>
> 	HTH,
>
> 		Ravi
>

> 	P.S Btw, just simple autogen.sh with /prefix set, make, make
> install etc is working fine for me. Haven't used vicious build scripts at
> all :-)

if that procedure doesn't work, it's a bug.

> --
> "If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
> who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."
>
>               -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest
>
> 	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
>                       <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>

	Sander

One day a tortoise will learn to fly
	-- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'