Re: building gnome 2.0

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Ravi Pratap M wrote:
> > If I had to guess, you have ORBit.m4 installed in two places
> > (one from old, one from new) and aclocal is erroring out
> > for that reason.
>
> 	Bang on target ! Hmm, so how do I set up my ACLOCAL_FLAGS to look
> only at my new macros (found in the /opt/gnome2 prefix) and not at my
> older ones ? I believe macros are installed in $prefix/share/aclocal and
> since there are already are the old ones in the /usr prefix, how do I make
> sure aclocal sees _only_ my /opt/gnome2 prefix ones and not in addition ?

Well, the only solution I am aware of, is to install a second copy of
automake and autoconf into this prefix. Aclocal looks for m4 files always
in $(compiled-in prefix)/share/acloal first and then visits all
directories listed in the ACLOCAL_FLAGS variable.

I hope I'am wrong here, and there is a simpler solution, but thats the way
it works for me.

  Jens