Re: Process, etc.
- From: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, veillard redhat com, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com>, Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>, gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Process, etc.
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 01:59:37 +0100 (BST)
On 17 Jun 2001, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> My second fear is having the board of directors make judgement calls
> on things we have little or no experience and just dictate policy. I
> am afraid of trying to pretend that the foundation is a company where
> decisions can be made at the top and employees work on what they are
> being told: that is now how free software works.
> I am afraid that we will manage to piss off existing contributors.
Well, yes, it can cause problems. Similarily, the present 'any group of
people can go off, do something and then push it on everybody else' can
and will cause problems.
I can't see why not having any policy (or everybody just ignoring any and
all policies) is any good.
One day a tortoise will learn to fly
-- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'
] [Thread Prev