Re: Process, etc.

On 17 Jun 2001, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > So my question is, what could we have done back then to avoid this
> > situation? I don't think "just be nice and loving" is an answer; I
> > don't think "just agree with us" is an answer. What would an answer
> > have been?
>
> I think pride is involved in the issue.  GConf is your baby, and some
> of us have disagreements on it at various levels (which we have
> discussed back and forth).
>
> The impression I got back in the day is that you were unwilling to
> make changes to GConf using excuses (sorry to be blunt about this, but
> I am trying to explain to you why things did not work out).

Until both sides are willing to admit that there is a possibility of being
wrong, and give up their own pride, there's not really any hope for all
people agreeing on a solution.

All I can read into your two paragraphs is a demand that Havoc admit he
was wrong. Hubris like this isn't productive.

-- Elliot
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel like
I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat before
sundown, I'll go crazy!  But then I just take a deep breath and forget
about it.  That's what is known as real maturity.	-- Snoopy