Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.
- From: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- Cc: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gconf-list gnome org, gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key.
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:01:17 +0100 (BST)
[cc: list cut down]
On 16 Jun 2001, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > > GConf re-uses almost nothing - pointlessly re-inventing almost
> > > everything, it doesn't integrate with the GNOME 2.0 platform, it needs to
> > > be wrapped specialy per scripting language, it is not capable of storing
> > > structured data simply, and it is a dead end IMHO. It ties nicely into the
> > > 'Gtk+' platform.
> > >
> > Sorry Michael, this paragraph is pure demagogy.
> Maybe the conclussion is a bit strong, but on the rest Michael is
> right on the spot. Those are the reasons why we started work on
> I am sorry that you consider our reasons demagogy.
But Miguel, reasons cannot be demagogy 8-)
The category 'demagogy' is absolutely about how things are presented, how
conclusions are reached (or shown to be reached or be true) in a pieve of
text. It has nothing to do with factual truthfulness of things.
One day a tortoise will learn to fly
-- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'
] [Thread Prev