Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

Hi Sander,

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Sander Vesik wrote:
> This is good to know. I'll assume if I and Havoc decide to move Bonobo
> to live on top of something else than corba we'd just talk to people
> at redhat and Sun (and maybe say Mandrake) post a couple of
> annonucements of the existence of say bonobo-xyz and then just switch
> it to being the default????

	I'll assume if you have argued for months that CORBA is bad in a
public forum, remonstrated with the authors, discovered that they had no
intention of integrating their work nicely with the platform. Then I would
expect to see an alternative implementation to CORBA, if it was in fact
not all talk and no action.

	Especialy if the people doing the re-write had put a lot of actual
hacking work into Gnome 2.0.

	Warmest regards,

		Michael.