Re: help making librsvg and eel stay out of the way of GNOME 1 versions
- From: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>
- To: Ramiro Estrugo <ramiro fateware com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: help making librsvg and eel stay out of the way of GNOME 1 versions
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:43:34 -0700
Notes for Ramiro:
- rename the library to include version number in Makefile.am.
So replace libgtk.la with libgtk-1.3.la or whatever.
I think you should do this only for the newer version.
- all headers of BOTH the old and the new versions must be
in a subdirectory of includedir. So:
This may require a re-release of eel1 to fix, but it has to be
fixed, or people including eel/foo.h will get the old headers.
I think you should do this for both.
- if you have executables or data files, rename them or the directory
they are inside
- change your .pc files or -config scripts to contain
-I includedir/eel2, and the new library name.
- docs need installing to a versioned directory also, of course,
a special case of data files
These also can be changed only for the newer version.
] [Thread Prev