Re: autoconf 2.50b ... ?

Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:

> Unless it is a simple 'just works' switchover, I think it might be better
> to leave it until after API freeze so people don't have to upgrade their
> environment and fight with potential compatibility problems.
>
> If it doesn't bring big immediate benefits it might just as well happen
> after the freeze and potentially save a bunch of time in the progres...

Well, for me this is basically a must-do-it-now item.

We must not do any larger changes in the build setup after the API freeze
or it'll cause a lot of pain for a large number of people. Keep in mind,
after the freeze, people will start porting all their apps over to GNOME 2,
so we'll have to deal with both developers of GNOME 2 and "users" of
GNOME 2 (application authors, people porting stuff etc.).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)