Re: autoconf 2.50b ... ?

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 09:44:32PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I tried upgrading my machine to new autoconf, it was a total disaster
> - _nothing_ would build.

What a win. :-(

> We do have to experience this pain someday... I wish I knew what the
> exciting new features were that merited breaking autoconf incompatibly
> though...

Here's the original announcement:

	http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/autoconf/2001-May/010756.html

You will have to redefine "exciting" to get that feeling of enthusiasm
you want, though. :(

(BTW, seems my idea of "pain now, less later" is less than popular, so I
withdraw it.)

Malcolm

--
Preserve wildlife. Pickle a duck.