Re: [Galeon-devel] Re: gnome-libs 2.0 API

Matt Aubury wrote:

As a matter of record, we didn't use the GnomeMDI initially because it
was going to be tricky to port the original code over to it (that's
not a criticism of GnomeMDI though). We haven't moved over since for
two reasons:

  1. GnomeMDI expects you to be able to serialize the contents of a window.
     This isn't (easily) possible with GtkMozEmbed (the mozilla embedding
     widget).

not really. you only need to be able to serialize each view if you want to use MDI's session saving facilities.

  2. GnomeMDI doesn't allow multiple tabs in multiple windows. This is a
     pretty key feature (think for instance of doing most of your browsing
     in a single window but still allowing popups in a new window, or
     having different sessions on different desktops).

it does. simply drag the page tab out of the main window and up pops a new window with the page you dragged in it. now you can drag other pages to it.

regards,
	jaKa

--

w3: http://pluton.ijs.si/~jaka