Re: porting ghex to GNOME 2.0

On Mon, 2001-12-31 at 06:26, satyajit kanungo wrote:
>     do i need to use the GNOMEMDI interface or there are some other
> interfaces
>    defined for the GNOME 2.0?. The porting guide does not say  much on this
> .
as GnomeMDI will be deprecated, it would be saner to port ghex to use
bonobo & co., but then again if GnomeMDI will remain in the
compatibility library, it would be wise to leave GHex using it in order
to test it well. I suppose you will have to fix some of the MDI code in
Gnome 2.0 libgnomeui in the process of porting. I'd appreciate if you
send me the diffs (preferably against the current CVS HEAD) so I can
commit them to CVS if you don't have write CVS account. I'll also branch
off current ghex in CVS before that and let the HEAD branch be used for
Gnome 2.0 porting. I suppose we'll finish Turbolinux Cluster Server 7
till the end of January and I can offer more help afterwards when I have
more time to spare.

happy new year,
	jaKa

--