Re: Old, broken and incompatible versions in pre-gnome2 release

<quote who="Tomas Ogren">

> While trying to build a gnome2 thingie from the released tarballs in
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/pre-gnome2/releases/gnome-2.0-lib-beta1/ I
> noticed some things:
>
> GConf 1.1.1 which is in there tries to use orbit-idl (instead of
> orbit-idl-2) and breaks down. Using 1.1.5 instead compiles just fine.
>
> libxml 2.4.5 is to be installed, but libglade requires >= 2.4.10

Hey Tomas,

I think Michael went to sleep before confirming the fixes I proposed for the
release directory last night. Then I did. ;) Here's a snippet from the
email, listing the release bugs. Greg and I will update now anyway.

---

GConf 1.1.5 should be in
audiofile 0.2.3
esound 0.2.23
gnome-core should be removed
gtk-doc 0.9
intltool 0.12 (not xml-i18n-tools)
libxml2 2.4.11
libxslt 1.0.8
libzvt should be removed
xml-i18n-tools should be removed

Michael, if you agree to these, let me know [ or do the update, whichever is
faster ;) ].

---

Thanks,

- Jeff