Re: I miss my gnome

On Friday 14 December 2001 01:56, Raphael Bosshard wrote:
> At home I work with linux, using a Gnome-1.4-desktop... I switched to a
> linux-desktop a-year-or-so ago. Now I really used to it.  Now I´m forced
> to use windows at work. And I miss my gnome.
> I just wanted to tell you that you all make a real good job. (my
> girlfriend told me once that she likes linux because of the eye-candy)

Linux already buried MS in the server departments (remember NT for PPC, Alpha
& MIPS?).

The Desktop is next. That's why all the feverish activity is here.

> You know...  I will become a gnome-coder! someday! i´ll start tomorrow!

Important sanity checksum: Don't go for the raw source at gnome.org. Get the
src.rpm files from the SRPMS folder of your distro's CDs set (or the Website
thereof). This will ensure that you can build the source & learn to featurize
it without spending forever tweaking your compiler version, library files,
build scripts, etc.

After you have worked out on these (and maybe sent in a bio-patch to the
hardcores), only then do you go for the CVS Head.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp yahoo com
           http://www.greencheese.org/MayorZogg