building gnome-head problems

hi all,

first of all kudos for the vicious-build-scripts - getting the source through them was really a joy!

My problem is that the path of most of the libgn** libs gets, during the make process, resolved to /usr/lib/libgn**, but this is not what I want and I get some link errors as the compiler can't refrence all exported references. As I have tried to figure out where to control this (surely in the Makefile.in's but there everything looks fine to me;- - all lib paths are $prefix/lib where $prefix is /usr/local/gnome2 for me ), I wanted to ask the *source* of knownledge to helping me to track down this problem.

So my question is:
Which Makefile Variable redirects the gcc libpaths?
Or in another way: How can I change from /usr/lib/libglib-1.3.so to /usr/local/gnome/head/INSTALL/lib/libglib-1.3.so during build.

by the way: my environment is Redhat 7.1

thanks in advance.
Jakob