Re: GnomeCanvasText behavioural change

Hello all,

Miles Lane a écrit :

> On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 10:24, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Alex Larsson wrote:
> >
> > > This semantic difference makes it very hard to fix the item, and I would
> > > like to change the AA mode version back to work as it did in 1.4. This
> > > will remove the (ugly) scaled text feature though, so I guess it is an API
> > > change that has to be agreed to.
> >
> > I'll never understand why one would want to scale text by rendering it
> > into a bitmap and scaling that.
> > What should be done is rendering it anti-aliased, at a _very large_ size,
> > into a greyscale pixbuf, and then translating that. Or maybe render the
> > text with size = requested_size * zoom_factor
>
> I could be wrong, but it would seem to make sense to include
> David Turner (the FreeType maintainer) and Kieth Packard (the
> Render extension developer at XFree86.org) in discussions of
> font rendering.

I appreciate that you sent me this message (and I agree with what Keith
said by the way). However, I do not clearly understand what problem is
being talked about here..

Could someone send me the address of the gnome-2-0-list mailing list
archive, or a summary of the original thread; just in case where I
could make a semi-intelligent answer to the problem ??

Thanks for all,

- David Turner