Re: hang in gconfd

Hi Havoc,

On 10 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> So, Owen discovered today that right now EAGAIN results in some
> infinite-loop action - so this issue results in 100% CPU with ORBit2,
> instead of blocking as in ORBit1.

        I fixed that bug a few days back - essentialy not checking the
connection status having done a linc mainloop iteration. Should work with
a HEAD linc. Otherwise - yes, it blocks on write - but we knew that anyway
:-)

> Question: do CORBA_Object_non_existant() and the lost-connection
> notification work with an ORBit1 server on the other end?

        Yes - if the remote end dies the socket is closed, and that's
what the 'broken' signal is waiting for [ non existant behaves using the
same data ].

        Regards,

                Michael.