Re: GnomeCanvasText behavioural change

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> > I'll never understand why one would want to scale text by rendering it
> > into a bitmap and scaling that.
> > What should be done is rendering it anti-aliased, at a _very large_ size,
> > into a greyscale pixbuf, and then translating that. Or maybe render the
> > text with size = requested_size * zoom_factor
>
> now that I thought about it a bit more, maybe the very large approach is
> the only working one once we take rotating in account.

What i want to do is *disable* rotation and scaling. Because it
complicates stuff a lot, breaks API from 1.4, looks ugly, doesn't work,
etc.

If scaling and rotating fonts is needed it needs to be done in a new item.
And it would be done by rasterizing the glyph after modifying the paths of
course, none of this raster scaling/rotation crap.

/ Alex