Re: hang in gconfd

On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 17:48, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> > i'm running GConf-1.0.7-2, and my gconfd hung (which causes all
> > gconf-using programs to hang.  since gnome 2 apps call gconf at startup,
> > no gnome 2 apps would run).
> >
> > here's the stack trace at the time of the hang.
> >

> FWIW this has been happening (rarely) for a long time, even in gconf 1
> with ORBit 1.

(just to clarify if you were confused, this is gconfd 1 with ORBit 1)

> It is unreproduceable as far as I can tell. I asked for
> assistance with it on orbit-list once before, I think, as I have no
> idea what would cause an ORBit outgoing oneway call to stick like
> this.

i imagine if you write a client (and maybe edit the CORBA stubs) to hang
instead of responding to pings, and make gconfd ping more often you
might be able to reproduce it.

of course i don't really know what is going on so that's just a wild
guess.

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby