Re: gnome-program.h: defining variables in headers

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:
> On 5 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > I'd say that if some apps in CVS are really using this for something
> > reasonable/common, we should do the first thing (provide accessors).
> > If however no one is using it or the uses of it are
> > obscure/weird/crack-ridden, we should just delete the whole deal as
> > Glynn suggests.
> >
> > g_get_prgname() seems like it's probably appropriate for most uses.
>
> I wasn't aware of g_get_prgname(). In this case, I propose removing the
> variables from libgnome and using g_set_prgname() in gnome_init.
> BTW, why isn't g_get_prgname()'s return value declared const?

gtk_init() is also going to g_set_prgname(), but yeah libgnome
should probably do so as well for non-GUI apps.

As for the const, I have no idea - in the header, it looks like
someone fixed all the functions next to it but not that one. Go
figure. Hit us in bugzilla.

Havoc