Re: Actually looking at the code (GConf vs. BonoboConfig)

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:01:01PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> George <jirka 5z com> writes:
> >   gnome-preferences:  This is an incredibly weird API as all it does
> >                is wrap a couple of boolean gets.  Also this is a place
> >                where you need notification, but with this API you don't
> >                get it.  Usefulness of these functions compared to just
> >                getting the key? 0.  Ease of notification? 0.
>
> I hope this thing is deprecated.

No it's not, it's a slightly different API that's now in libgnome and is
being used by bonobo.  The actual usability of this API is highly suspect.
In our plan if you notice we were about to punt it completely.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A good memory is needed after one has lied.