Re: GNOME 2.0 libs not DESTDIR safe (?)

Jens Finke <jens triq net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I came across a general installation problem with at least the glib, pango
> and gtk+ libraries. If you configure these with eg.
>
>   ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> and after this do a
>
>   make DESTDIR=/var/tmp install
>
> the installation spit out some errors and warnings about relinking
> libraries. The result is that most of the libs get not installed in
> /var/tmp/usr/libs.

This is a libtool problem; it will affect anything using libtool-1.4.
Please take it up with the libtool people.  (Alexander Olivia said
there was some sort of patch for this floating around, but I don't
think had much time to work on libtool recently.)

For the Red Hat GTK+-1.3.x RPMS, we have a hack in the SRPM to remove
the relinking from the libtool used to build.

Regards,
                                        Owen