Re: libglade todo list

On 22 Aug 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 10:07, James Henstridge wrote:
> > I will put out another devel release of libglade soon.  What has been done
> > since the 1.99 release was put out include:
> >   - remove long_name APIs and clean up some of the construction APIs to
> >     match.
> >   - fix up gtk-doc build a bit to match the newer APIs.  Add some more API
> >     docs.
> >   - Port the bonobo support over to the new code (it was hardly used in
> >     the 1.x platform though).  This is mostly untested.
> >
> > Still on the todo list include the following changes (which don't affect
> > the C API):
> >   - Handle the translatable="..." attribute of <property> elements.  This
> >     is how libglade will work out what properties to translate.
> >
> >   - Handle more property types.  The big one is to support GtkWidget type
> >     properties.  This would be needed for things like GtkAccelLabel,
> >     setting the mnemonic widget for GtkLabels, etc.
> >
> >   - add a module to support libgnomeui.  This is fairly trivial for
> >     widgets that implement properties.
> >
> >   - actually handle ATK properties
> >
> >   - discuss with glade2 developers whether there are any other changes
> >     required in the new XML format.
> >
> >   - improve libglade-convert script even more (this will probably be done
> >     through more testing).
> >
> > C API affecting changes include:
> >
> >   - go over the glade_xml_signal_connect_full and
> >     glade_xml_signal_autoconnect_full functions to determine what (if any)
> >     changes are needed to make them useful to language bindings.  I have
> >     been adding libglade support to my python bindings in order to test
> >     this.
> >
> Hi James!
>
> what about the status of the GNOME-DB widgets? I'm adding, as you
> suggested (although I'm doing it very slowly), GtkArgs for all the
> properties for all widgets.

Well, for gtk 2.0, you will want to convert that over to the new
GParamSpec based property code.  Having all relevant settings makes a
libglade binding trivial.

> So, apart from that, what else is it needed to make them work for
> libglade in 2.0?

I haven't actually looked at porting the gnomedb support over from stable
libglade yet.  Doing so should be fairly easy, and should make the gnomedb
support module a lot smaller.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au