Re: Gnome Sound API (urgent)
- From: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
- To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- Cc: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, Christian Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gnome Sound API (urgent)
- Date: 07 Aug 2001 13:10:46 +0200
Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> I don't think that's a very constructive way to approach the
> situation. While Michael was indeed pushing very hard for a freeze,
> it's worth noting that many of the libraries included in the "API
> freeze" release are not in fact completely API frozen. Even libbonobo
> and gtk+ have a handful of open API issues as declared by the
> maintainers (in the case of libbonobo, to be fair, it is mainly in the
> area of IDL files that are mainly used by libbonoboui).
sure this is a very destructive way of seeing things, but these modules
are dead if no new maintainer shows up in the next 6 weeks.
I don't have any problems with hacking a bit on them, but I don't want
to spend too much time with it (such has hacking a week or more full-time
on libgnome(ui) and nothing else).
martin gnome org (private)
baulig suse de (work)
] [Thread Prev