release coordination

Hi,

At the Tuesday board meeting we're going to try to decide on the
release coordinators for GNOME 2. We have a few candidates so far, but
I don't want to miss anyone.

If you are interested in doing the release coordinator job and I don't
know that, drop me a private mail ASAP.

It appears that this job involves:

 - knowing lots of GNOME hackers and projects
 - keeping a macro-level list of tasks to be done (port foo to new
   libs, develop feature XYZ, etc.), who is doing them, knowing
   at all times if they are on track, and finding someone
   to do anything that's dropping through the cracks
 - managing a micro-level list of tasks to be done (bugzilla)
 - planning milestones, freezes, etc.; tracking task status
   in bugzilla for those; hassling people to make sure
   milestones/freezes happen
 - coordinating testing, docs, translation, ftp site, PR, etc.
   for the GNOME 2 release; making sure this all happens, that
   the various groups are not screwing each other by breaking
   freezes or whatever, that everyone knows what is going on
   at all times, etc.
 - keeping things upbeat and moving briskly with status reports and
   that kind of thing.

Basically we are talking about project management, but you're managing
volunteers, so there's the cat herding element in there. It takes a
special kind of personality to do this. ;-)

Anyhow, let me know.

Havoc