GLIB calendar date goofed up?

Has anyone seen recent problems with drop down calendars in Gnome
applications.

Gnome comes with something called Time Tracker Tool which has a drop down
calendar. Actually I've found a few things where my drop down calendar
does not work anymore (a Python/glade app that I wrote).

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem on my system:
- start gtt from a console
- create a new project
- open that project
- Go to the planning tab and click on one of the drop down calendars
- Try to select July 31, 2002

I get gibberish in the date window and the following in the console window:

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gdate.c: line 55 (g_date_new_dmy): assertion `g_date_valid_dmy (day, m, y)' failed.
GLib-CRITICAL **: file gdate.c: line 1277 (g_date_strftime): assertion `d != NULL' failed.
GLib-CRITICAL **: file gdate.c: line 92 (g_date_free): assertion `d != NULL' failed.

I'm running RH 7.2 with a custom compiled kernel (2.4.18) that has been
updated with Ximian with Gnome 1.4.1.7.

Any ideas are appreciated.

--
Anthony Tekatch