Re: Another big complain for Gnome-0.14rc1

* Jens Finke (jens eknif de) [010323 13:15]:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Naba Kumar wrote:
> >
> > This is really wreid. Why didn't the Gnome release team inform the
> > maintainers of gnome fifth toe packages about the release of
> > Gnome-1.4rc1? They did circulated a mail about the release of beta2,
> > but never did I find a prior notification of the release of 1.4rc1.
> >
> > This situation is really important as the developers might be working to
> > produce a more stable, bug fixed version of the packages. At least for
> > Anjuta IDE, it is true.
> >

> > We have been dipping our heads to produce a stable release of Anjuta IDE
> > (0.1.4) and looo.. gnome-1.4rc1 is released.
> > They were so good at giving deadlines and whole lot of other stuff
> > taking big issues on compilation problems with gnome BETA2 release and
> > they _FORGOT_ to give a prior notification of the rc1 release. Anyway,
> > there are still lot of compilation problems with this release.
> >
> > The gnome release team should be responsible for clearing all the
> > dependencies with the packages that are included with the gnome
> > release, including gnome fifth toe packages, before they go for the
> > actual release.
>
> The same with the translation of these applications, as I mentioned a few
> days ago. Nobody really seems to care about the "Fifth Toe" application
> maintainers and there knowledge about releases/translation and so on.
> Disappointing.

I just want to add that nobody has informed the i18n people that RC1
was released on 16th; at least there was no mail about that.
I was quite surprised to hear that no new translations will be included to
GNOME after 14th...nice thing!
GNOME's getting better every day, hahaha :(
If even we're not able to communicate with each other concerning
release dates and other stuff, how can we make clear that GNOME is a
really good DE?
Just a thought!

Christian Meyer