Re: audiofile problems.

> If Dave and Jacob declare it Kosher I can put it in beta 2. However,
> is it actually source and binary compatible? If not, we can't include
> it whatever the soname is, and the soname should indeed be bumped if
> bin compat was broken.

It is source and binary compatible.  And I do use the -version-info
flag on libtool to indicate that the library has been revised.

One caveat:
Someone made a change to the handling of unsigned integer audio data in
GNOME CVS (without consulting me) back in version 0.1.7.  This change
resulted in a bug.  Programs which depended on this bug (which didn't
exist before 0.1.7 and which was fixed in 0.2.0) will be disappointed.
But I'm not aware of any such programs.  Otherwise the features in the
current version are a superset of those in previous (0.1.x) versions.

Many prominent free audio programs (Michael Krause's SoundTracker, Josh
Green's Smurf, Conrad Parker's Sweep, Glame) recommend use of version
0.2.0 or better.

Michael