Re: 1.4 Release Strategy - please review and provide feedback

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the clarifications.  Sounds good!

Bart

Proctor, Leslie wrote:

I think the advisory board should be a separate release.  We're building a
case for the maturity and focus of GNOME - we want to maximize the effect by
doing two releases - the advisory board in late Feb. and the 1.4 release in
late March.  Keeps GNOME current and top-of-mind in the media and doesn't
dilute either piece of news.
I completely agree that every board member should be media trained. The
overall PR plan will include that, as well as the implementation of unified
messaging throughout the world and with our partner/member companies.  We're
sending a draft of the plan on Monday.
I sort of had in mind that the NY interviews could be covered by someone on
the East Coast - it's a $50 train ride  from Boston(takes about 3-4 hours).
We'll need to identify the spokespeople and get their availability within
the next couple of weeks.  One selling point in getting the spokespeople's
employers to help pick up the tab - a tour like this not only helps the
Foundation, but also the member companies.