Re: 1.4 Release Strategy - please review and provide feedback

Hi Leslie, Greg,

Great work on this document.  It looks terrific to me.  Two thoughts:
1- How about if we use this opportunity to brag about our advisory board coming together?  Can that be part of the 1.4 press release or does it need to be a separate release?
2- Spokespersons.  We've obviously got tons of ready-to-go spokespeople in N Carolina, Boston, California.  Who do we have in NY?  Do we need a program for training spokespersons?  Off the bat I would think that all board members should be able/available to talk to the press in their respective areas and it'd be great if we could also have a batch of additional spokespersons ready elsewhere.  I guess my specific question is: who's available to cover NY interviews?  Do we have a strong spokesperson in the city or is RH or Ximian willing to sponsor an employee/employees to fly out to NY for GNOME interviews?  I don't think we should set aside Gnome Fdn funds to fly people to press briefings.

Bart

Greg Corrin wrote:

MEMO