Re: Too many open files in system for gnome

Hi,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I had /proc/sys/fs/file-max
with roughly 5000 and after use /usr/sbin/lsof I changed it to 20000
and apparently my problem was solved

The output of /usr/sbin/lsof had 1420 lines  of the type

galeon-bi 11454 diego  mem    REG        3,3    31258    492749
/usr/lib/libgconf-gtk-1.so.1.0.0

from which, 10986 were associated to nautilus and nautilus-.

However, I don't understand if the responsible for the problem was
nautilus why the problem does not happened in my previous versions of
nautilus  working with the Ximian-Gnome installation?

Do you think that is necessary fill a bug report with this issue?

Best Regards

Diego