Re: Re: "Meta" packages

/usr/src/gnome-meta-1.4.0$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--without-gnome-print
/usr/src/gnome-meta-1.4.0$ make

Something like this could be cool because a person would only have to type
prefix once (and it would be the same for all packages).  Since a small
amount of people (?) install from tarballs, it may not be worth the extra
effort and confusion, however.

It could also create a challenge because some of the configure scripts
check for things that haven't been installed yet.  This probably isn't
worth dealing with. ;-)

Jim Garrison