Re: GNOME 1.4 package list

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 03:09:11AM +0300, Ali Abdin wrote:
> >  Package             Version in last release   New
> > Version   Critical  Contact
> >      GTM                                             0.4.5         No  Bruno Pires Marinho <bapm@rnl.ist.utl.pt>
>
> I agree - I love this little application :) The one bad thing that I currently

I agree that this is a useful application, but I don't think it makes
much sense to mark this as part of the "official" GNOME 1.4 platform.
I fail to see how labeling every mature or almost mature GNOME program
officially part of GNOME is of any benefit.  Those who package and
distribute GNOME won't feel limited to whatever is labeled GNOME 1.4
anyways, and adding apps like this merely adds to the already
difficult task of coordinating the release.

Maciej, you asked earlier for concrete examples of applications which
went too far; this is the first thing that caught my eye, and I'll try
to do a more thorough job as soon as I have a few more spare cycles.

--
Ian Peters
itp@helixcode.com