[gnet-announce] Announce: GNet 2.0.0
- From: David Helder <dhelder umich edu>
- To: gnet-announce gnetlibrary org
- Subject: [gnet-announce] Announce: GNet 2.0.0
- Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:15:42 -0400 (EDT)
GNet is a simple network library. It is written in C, object-oriented,
and built upon GLib (1.2 or 2.0). It is licensed under the GNU LGPL.
GNet 2.0.0 is the first stable release based on the 1.3 development
series. GNet 2.0 includes IPv6 support, improved gconn/gserver objects,
Base64 encoding and decoding, and many other small improvements and fixes.
The GNet homepage is <http://www.gnetlibrary.org>. The official IRC
channel is #gnet on irc.gnome.org.
Tarball available. The Windows port is not ready yet. Andy Lanoix is
working on the port .
New in GNet 2.0 (versus 1.2)
* IPv6 support
* Improved high-level TCP connection and server objects
* Base64 encoding and decoding
* And many other small improvements and fixes...
 Andy asked me to note that IPv6 support in Windows is still relatively
new and has issues. It may be several weeks before the first release of
the Windows port is ready.
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next