Re: [gnet-devel] [gnet-dev] xmlrpc updates

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 11:54 +0200, Dov Grobgeld wrote:

Hi Dov,

sorry for the late reply.

(Also, the mailing list has moved to gnet-devel-list gnome org)

> I made some additions to the xmlrpc library that added a better
> separation of the query and its response. The incentive for this
> addition is that I needed to do some more complex gtk interaction that
> did not fit the old direct/response interface. The functionality that
> I needed to implement is that my xmlrpc client sends a request to my
> image viewer which is also an xmlrpc server that the user chooses a
> point and presses ok to continue.

Great, the more async the better IMHO.

> Btw, is there any interest that I add in the examples directory, an
> example of how a gtk program may be remotely controlled by the xmlrpc
> code?

Interest in the code - absolutely, but I'd prefer it if the configure
script didn't check for Gtk+ by default (some packagers/people might get
the wrong idea otherwise). How about adding an --enable-gtk-examples
configure option or so and compile the gtk+ code only if that's
supplied?

Cheers
 -Tim