Re: [gnet] Re: Licensing of gnet examples

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 22:10 -0400, David Helder wrote:

> I approve of relicensing them to the LGPL.

Thanks Mark and David, I've committed an LGPL license to all source
files in examples/ for now.

> Yes, the examples all show fairly common usage of usage of the library.
>   I don't want their license to perceived as a barrier to writing GNet
> apps.  I would approve of putting them in the public domain too.

IANAL, but 'public domain' is a problem for some non-US jurisdictions as
far as I know. In most European countries, the concept of 'public
domain' doesn't really exist, or a work cannot explicitly be put into
the public domain without having its copyright expire first (or
something like that). The closest thing to 'public domain' would be some
kind of BSD license I guess, but I don't think it really makes a
difference in the end given that GNet itself is LGPL anyway, or does it?

Cheers
 -Tim