[gnet-dev] zero-copy interface?
- From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik pobox com>
- To: gnet-dev lists gnetlibrary org
- Subject: [gnet-dev] zero-copy interface?
- Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:21:23 -0500
Being a GLib fan (and contributor, in years past), I naturally was
interested in using GNet for a networking project of mine.
However, a showstopper problem for me is the amount of data copying that
occurs in GNet, which really impacts CPU usage in my application.
I'm interested in modifying GNet as follows, in [my] priority order:
* figure out how to send integrate sendfile(2) support. I see its in
* figure out some way for app to provide buffer for async write, rather
than having GNet memdup it
* figure out some way for app to provide buffer for async read, rather
than having GNet allocate and manage it
Has anybody done any coding in this direction yet?
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next