[gnet-dev] zero-copy interface?

Being a GLib fan (and contributor, in years past), I naturally was interested in using GNet for a networking project of mine.

However, a showstopper problem for me is the amount of data copying that occurs in GNet, which really impacts CPU usage in my application.

I'm interested in modifying GNet as follows, in [my] priority order:

* figure out how to send integrate sendfile(2) support. I see its in the TODO. * figure out some way for app to provide buffer for async write, rather than having GNet memdup it * figure out some way for app to provide buffer for async read, rather than having GNet allocate and manage it

Has anybody done any coding in this direction yet?

	Jeff