[gnet-dev] Dropping support for GLib-1.2

Hi,

I'd like to drop GNet support for GLib-1.2 and up the GLib requirement to
GLib-2.4 (not 2.6 because transition to 2.6 is a bit tricky on windows due to
the new filename encoding / stdio wrapper stuff).

The primary reason for this is that I would like to add support for punycode
(RFC 3492) and international domain names (IDN) at some point, and for that
the GLib 2.x unicode stuff would come in handy.

In any case, I don't really think it makes much sense to support a GLib
version that has been unmaintained for at least five years and that is hardly
in use any more.

Not to mention that 2.x has had a lot of useful API additions since 1.2 and
probably a bunch of fixes for io channels and other things as well.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Cheers
 -Tim