[gnet-dev] Re: IPv6 Multicast support in GNet

CC'ed to gnet-dev

On Feb 10, 2005, at 5:49 PM, Bodo Thiesen wrote:
I've written a simple test program, which works fine with IPv4 (232/8) but as soon as I try to use it with IPv6, I get the error message "Protocol not
supported" when I try to join the mc-group. (I tested several multicast
addresses, e.g. ff1e::1, ff0e::1, ff11::1, ff01::1). Is IPv6 multicasting
known to be broken? It ist broken kernel side or GNet side?
Tested GNet versions: 2.0.3 and 2.0.5
Tested Kernel versions: 2.4.23, 2.4.26

Do you know if IPv6 multicast works on your end *outside* of GNet?

As soon as that works, it could be included as additional test to the GNet
library code, but I want IPv6 multicast to work first.

I no longer have a IPv6 connection and haven't had IPv4 multicast for years. If you do and can diagnose and fix this, we'd gladly accept a patch against GNet.

BTW: http://www.gnetlibrary.org/index.html, line 70: the <A>-Tag has no
corresponding </A>-Tag (the slash is missing)

Thanks!

David