Re: [gnet-dev] GConnHttp [patch]

First patch committed.

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 15:13, Tim Müller wrote:
> attached a patch against CVS that adds the GConnHttp stuff, including tests
> and documentation, if you're interested.

Awesome, thanks!  We should get you commit access if you're going to
keep working on this.

> (a) should conn-http.h be put within a #ifdef GNET_EXPERIMENTAL? (I'd
> certainly think so, but I'm not sure if that's the place to put it)

Yes, for the 2.0 series at least.

> (b) I'm having problems with the GLib main loop stuff. In the test program, I
> need to do a g_timeout_add (50, some_func_that_returns_false, NULL); to get
> the main loop going. If I don't do that, g_main_loop_run() will just hang
> forever and not do anything. I'm not sure if that's something I'm doing wrong
> or an issue with GLib (2.4.0 here). Maybe this hack should be added to
> gnet_http_conn_run()?

I'm not sure what the GLib loop does when it has no events.  Some events
loops will run forever, some will return.

David

--
David Helder - dhelder gizmolabs org - http://www.gizmolabs.org/~dhelder