Re: [gnet] Connection Buffer Backlog

nalves equifax com br writes:

[please don't top-quote, thanks]

> I'm running linux. I don't know the rate. I am testing a distribuited
> protocol, emulating 100 machines in one monoprocessed physical box (that's
> why I think I have a lot of messages dropped, don't you think?). Is it safe
> to bypass gnet and call setsockopt directly? At first I thought that UDP
> didn't have this concept of backlog...

In my experience, a buffer of half a megabyte is a decent size, if you
go at higher rates. I only have experience with single connections,
however. If you can get hold of the FD from gnet, using setsockopt
should be save.

HTH, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at

Make free software, not war!