[gnet-dev] CVS Access

Has anybody had difficulty with the CVS server? I get the following error
when trying to access it:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome checkout gnet
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

I'm using cygwin on Win2k, cvs version 1.11.6. I get almost the identical
error message when using login, or other cvs commands. When running telnet
to the server port 2401, the connection closes immediately after connecting.

Thanks.
-Joe Preston