[gnet] Again: timeout in Conn objects
- From: Axel Bock <news-and-lists the-me de>
- To: gnet gnetlibrary org <gnet gnetlibrary org>
- Subject: [gnet] Again: timeout in Conn objects
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:38:18 +0100
I have the problem that I have to test users whether they are firewalled
or not (whether I can connect to them or not). So I wanted to use the
Conn object with a timeout, but I dont understand this fully ... .
A little example to explain my question:
void callback(conn, somedata)
1 void somefunc()
3 myconn = gnet_conn_new_inetaddr(...., callbackfunc);
4 gnet_conn_timeout(myconn, 3000);
6 SO NOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS CODE LINE??
So The Things I Don't Understand are:
- is the next line executed?
- if yes: in what state is the conn object?
- if no: what do I do when I have to wait for the connection??
Help is - as always - very much appreciated and thankful accepted. ;-))
Especially as the problem I'm tracking with this is an old one and very,
very annoying for my work.
So thanks in advance and greetings,
] [Thread Prev