[gnet] cross-compiling gnet for win32 using mingw32 on linux

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to cross-compile a gnet-based gtk+-2.x program for win32
(native, not cygwin) for quite some time now, but I just can't make it work.
I am trying to do this on a Debian sid machine using the mingw32 packages
available there (which worked well for everything not gnet so far).

The Glib/Gtk+ part works flawlessly (with the gtk/glib runtime libs from
dropline), but the gnet part I just can't make work.

The problem is that  gnet_inetaddr_new()  fails, without exception, whether it
is www.google.com that is to be resolved or a numeric IPv4 IP.

Has anyone ever managed to cross-compile gnet for win32, or could provide some
pointers on what the problem might be?

I've written a small test case that tries to fetch http://www.google.com using
GInetAddr and GConn. You can get it from here:

http://ed2k-gtk-gui.sourceforge.net/temp/testgnet-2003-Dec-09.tar.bz2

The Makefile I'm using is included (you will need to fix the dirs for the glib
includes there).

The funny part is that it all works beautifully in WINE, just not on
win32 ... ;-)

Any ideas?

Cheers
-Tim