Re: [gnet-dev] Letting gnet-1.1.8 and gnet-2.0.1RPM packages coexist

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Bas Mevissen wrote:
> No, it was for 2.0.1. See the diff file I prepared (and now attached). For
> 1.1.8, I'll prepare one soon. I assumed that you could add that yourself, but
> it's no problem for me to do it. But that will have to wait until tomorrow
> evening.

I can do it.

> Why not? Some tar option should let you do that and otherwise use a computer
> where you can be root on.

Non-superusers should be able to compile and install GNet.  The tarball
was built using 'make dist' with the standard automake Makefile.  I don't
think it does anything special with permissions.  The install script
should set permissions correctly.

David

--
David Helder - dhelder umich edu - <http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder>