[gnet-dev] CVS GNet should work with automake 1.6 now

GNet should now work with automake 1.6.  It should still work with 1.4
too.  I'm not sure about versions before that.  Let me know if you have
any problems.  This only affects developers using GNet out of CVS.

Side note: There have been some complaints about 1.5/1.6 not being
backwards compatible and causing headaches.  I didn't have any major
problems.  EXTRA_DIST now goes in the root Makefile (I don't know why).
I had to fix things in configure.ac that even automake 1.4 complained
about.  acconfig.h is no longer required - it figures out header defines
using configure.ac (1.4 can do this too).  Also, autogen.sh now looks at
./macros.  We don't distribute a ./macros, but you can make your own.  I
put pkg.m4, glib.m4, and libtool.m4 in mine since they aren't included
with automake 1.6 (obviously).  Otherwise, if you were to try including
the old acconfig directory then you run into problems with
incompatibilities.

I'll fix iochannels for GLib 2.0 and get a release out this week.

David

Side side note: I'm currently looking for work.  If you know of any good
small/medium sized companies doing interesting work, especially in
networks/internet, and are hiring, let me know.  Thanks!

--
      __          _    __ David Helder - dhelder umich edu
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ / <http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder>