[gnet] gnet & threads?

Hi all,

I am just developing some p2p server application which will have massive
parallel data requests which are all querying some common data base in
memory, which can and will change often.

I always thought this is best done with implementing several threads,
and up to now I thought gnet would just transparently use them. now I
read in the example docs that thread use is not even implemented.

now my question is: is a "normal" application able to handle such a
traffic in a timely manner, or will I have performance problems? (I know
threading is more overhead etc., but I guess you know my point ... :-)

Thanks in advance,

		Axel.