[gnet] gnet & glib 2.0

Hi all,

I subscribed cause I'm developing a GNet app. Now I linked GNet against
GLib 2.0, and have a little problem with GLib's IOChannels, and hope
some of you can help me ... :-)

Well, the code causing the problem is the following:

while (read_bytes < packet_size) {
  error = NULL;
  g_io_channel_read_chars(iochannel,
			  buffer+read_bytes,
			  packet_size - read_bytes,
			  &temp,
			  &error);
  if (error)
     printf("[ERROR] GError: %s\n", error->message);
  read_bytes += temp;
  if (temp == 0)
     goto _io_error;
}

If I run this, I get one of the two following errors:
GError: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

I figured out that this is cause binary data wants to have NULL channel
encoding. So I set this, then I get (in the same code):

"(process:18169): GLib-CRITICAL **: file giochannel.c: line 1729
(g_io_channel_read_chars): assertion `(error == NULL) || (*error ==
NULL)' failed"
(yes, I set error to NULL before ... )

Well. Now I'm confused :-)

Should I switch back to GLib 1.2, or does someone know a good solution
to this problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and greetings,

		Axel.