Re: [gnet-dev] Unix socket unlink func

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:43:32PM -0400, David Helder wrote:

> Then why expose unix_socket_unlink?  My fear is the programmer won't
> understand it's called in unref and call it himself when he should call
> delete/unref.

For the following scenerio:

Server has socket open.

Server recieves terminate message (via signal or protocol).

The server should get rid of the socket in the filesystem before
shutting down.  However, if it just calls unref(), there's no guarantee
that it's going to go away, since the server socket could be ref'd more
than once.  This is normally a good thing, except when you're exiting,
and you don't care about ref counts anymore.

What if I re-wrote the documentation comment to make it clearer what it
should be used for?