Re: [gnet-dev] Patch for glib-2.0

On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 21:44, David Helder wrote:

> Looks ok.  Why do you require gmodule?  Where are GMODULES_* and
> GTHREADS_* used?

Dunno. Leakage from the code I stole ;) Cleaned up now.

> PKGCONFIG should be cleared if PKG_CHECK fails - then glib-config is used.

I don't quite understand. If pkgconfig isn't found, GLIB_CFLAGS is left
unset, or pkgconfig is found, but fails, GLIB_CFLAGS is left unset. Only
if pkgconfig works is GLIB_CFLAGS. Then, if GLIB_CFLAGS is unset, it
uses the 'AM_PATH_GLIB' macro (which uses glib-config). At least, that's
how I understand it. Am I missing something obvious?

> The thread checking code at the bottom of configure.in (I added recently)
> needs to be fixed though.  I'll fix it if don't in a few days when I need
> it again...

OK. Radical idea, but as pthread calls aren't used in many places, it
should be fairly trivial to use gthread calls instead. What do you
reckon?

--
Ross