Re: [gnet-dev] specifying local address to bind to

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 wroberts1 home com wrote:
> I notice that gnet_udp_socket_port_new() always binds to address
> INADDR_ANY.  I have an instance where there are multiple network
> interfaces on the same machine on the same subnet (like ip aliasing).
> In this case INADDR_ANY might choose to bind to an interface you
> dont want it to.
>
> What do you think of a gnet_udp_socket_port_new() where you pass
> a GInetAddress* to set both the local address and port to bind
> socket to?
>
> My mind is comming from the
> java.net.DatagramSocket(int port, InetAddress laddr) constructor,
> where you can bind a udp socket on a specified local port & address.

I have no problem with it.  We have this:
  gnet_tcp_socket_server_new2 (const GInetAddr* iface, gint port);
in CVS.  I could add a similar gnet_udp_socket_port_new2.

David

--
      __          _    __  David Helder - University of Michigan
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ /  dhelder umich edu